I love blogging.
And I am not surprised about most of the reasons why I love blogging.
It gives me a forum to express all of the thoughts that are typically dancing around in my mind. It also allows me to semi-entertain people while not having to mask my sarcasm.
What I am surprised by are all of the awesome fellow-bloggers that I have connected with. The whole blogging thing can be difficult to get a handle on, so it has been a pleasant and joyful surprise to “meet” and “mingle” with so many other bloggers via the interwebs. The Liebster Award is representative of just that; those relationships that are built amongst bloggers.
The Liebster Award is given by bloggers to bloggers as a way to recognize new blogs in the blogging community. Now, I must interrupt you while you are counting how many times I used “blog” in that last sentence to let you know: I was nominated for the Liebster Award!
Thank you Kiersten over at Hiking in My Flip Flops for nominating me; what an awesome surprise! As part of being nominated, there are a handful of questions I have been asked to answer and I will also be nominating the blogs that are fairly new to the game that I would love to see recognized.
Questions for the Nominee:
Italy. No contest. My grandfather always wanted to go and I was an English major so I would be thrilled to check some Romeo & Juliet landmarks.
I mean, how can I pick just one with my great writing talent! Haha half kidding. My fave post is Chronicles of a Curvy Dater, a 3 part mini-series regarding the trials, tribulations and learning experiences of being an avid part of the online dating community for so long. Online dating has and always will be one of the most challenging periods of my life due to my discomfort and uncertainty of and with it all. The mini-series allowed me to express a great deal of these feelings and experiences. These are also posts where I really started to figure out how to bring out my true voice and actually started to see that in my writing. By the way, I am very aware that this is 3 posts and not 1, but, I cheated, what can I say?
Apple. For 10 years, Apple.
I would absolutely give it to the teller at my bank, so that they could deposit it in my account and I can divvy it up as I see fit. I know…slick.
Find your voice. Learn your audience. Adjust as needed. I absolutely haven’t figured out everything there is to know about blogging, or even half of it, but I am open to learning and am always willing to shake up what isn’t working. The moment you become stagnant in any aspect of your life, is the moment that you should look for where you can learn, grow and better yourself. That is advice that I am trying my hardest to follow, have yet to do so consistently but swear I am working on it – you should too!
My Liebster Award Nominees are as Follows:
- Melissa at Life Fully Booked has a plethora of topics she treats her audience to, from Book Reviews to Food to Traveling! The blog draws you in with a super cute logo and keeps you engaged through her well written posts. Visit her blog at lifefullybooked.com to take a look at the next book to captivate you!
- Raising Up Teens is the perfect blog if you are looking for some fun posts and meaningful pieces about life. This mother-daughter blogging duo expresses themselves in a truthful way that is warm and eye opening. Definitely a must read for moms and teens all over; visit this blog at www.raisingupteens.com if you are a mom, teen or just want a great read!
- Christy always blows me away with her posts on Working Mamas Girl Squad. I will never bother trying to understand how she juggles it all, but she does a beautiful job of it. Being a full time mom of 4 girls can’t be easy but she will engage you while she tells you about it all in her blog. Spoiler alert, her kids are the absolute cutest! Visit Christy’s site at www.workingmamasgirlsquad.com to learn more about her journey!
- As you can tell from my blog, my school of thought is that men and women have completely different thought processes. Jessica and Brent delve into that at His and Her Views. This blog has such a cool and unique set up where Jessica and Brent give their opinions and thoughts from their gender view points. They have such fun posts that include honest opinions and entertaining quizzes. Check out their blog, hisandherviews.com, to be entertained by this couple!
- Judean is contantly engaging me with posts regarding how to keep sane in the workplace, cool info about an NKOTB cruise and most fun stuff on her blog This HR Life. She has a ton of experience in her field that she uses to calm her readers and entertain them at the same time. Visit This HR Life at www.hrwhat.com to share in the fun!
Questions for my Liebster Award Nominees:
- Give a tip for other bloggers or potential blog starters?
- When you have writer’s block what do you do to break through?
- What is the best memory you have while traveling?
- When do you find time to blog?
- What is that one post made by you that you like the most and why?