My name is Gina and I would like to be the first (and likely, the only) person to welcome you to The Curvy Millennial!
Who is The Curvy Millennial?
That’s me! I am in my early 30’s, unmarried, no kids, mother to a perfect dog, mortgage-size student loan debt and a feeling as if I am wasting hours…days…weeks…watching Netflix.
So, yeah…typical Millennial status.
I have a B.A. in English, an M.S. in Student Affairs and Higher Education Administration (that means I work with college students) and I have spent my entire life, seriously, entire life, obsessing over my weight and struggling with my self-esteem.
So, why the blog?
In the recent past, I took a step back and realized that there was one person that was being undeniably cruel and unaccepting of my body – and that person was me.
There is a silver lining to discovering that you are your own worst enemy: you may finally be in a place where you can work on becoming the genuine, best and kindest person you can be, specifically to you. And this is the silver lining I have stumbled upon. But this isn’t a cut and dry process. It’s ongoing and focuses on developing mind, body, soul and any other area of ones life that society has made us believe is imperfect.
What IS this blog?
- A place for me to share my efforts towards better health: the successes, the pitfalls and the challenges.
- A place to discuss the importance of developing a positive body image and all of the awesome and not so awesome thoughts and experiences that come along with this.
- A community based on lifting women up to encourage the meeting of goals and overcoming obstacles.
- A blog where I will occasionally share some random thoughts and ideas with you.
What this blog IS NOT?
It IS NOT:
- A weight loss site. Even though there will be weight loss efforts and targets, the main goal is the betterment of health.
- A place to define beauty by size.
I am really excited that you stumbled upon The Curvy Millennial and hope you stick around, have a few laughs, learn something new and feel comfortable enough to share your thoughts.
Want to keep up with the conversation? Subscribe to The Curvy Millennial & follow me on Social Media!